Thursday 21 July 2011

An Interview with Pascal Bestebroer of Orangepixel

After having enjoyed Meganoid and  it's retro style, I found myself wanting to know more about Orangepixel.

I was aware that Meganoid has been a huge success, so I asked if I could have an interview with them.  Pascal was very prompt in getting in touch with me and answered all of my questions.


What got you into making apps?
I started developing games for mobile phones back in 2005. I've always been interested in developing games, and mobile and smartphones have opened up the games-market to the smaller development teams and the more oldschool arcade style games.

Out of all your ipod app games which are you most proud of?
 Right now we only have a few games on iPod, and most of the games we made are on Android. But we are changing that!  Currently Meganoid is THE hit game and I'm personally pretty proud of it.  We also plan to bring SuperDrillPanic and MiniArmy  to iOS soon.


I love your retro pixel art, what inspired you to use it in your games?
For me personally I simply grew up in the 80s and 90s, and I love those type of games with that specific look.  Smartphones are perfect for recreating that same feeling of the "good old days".  There are enough people doing cool 3D and other art-form type games.. but pixelart and retro gaming is simply our thing ;)

What are you planning on releasing next?
 For everyone who follows us on facebook or twitter (@orangepixel) that answer is already known: INC is coming to iOS and Android soon!  http://www.orangepixel.net/inc/

No comments:

Post a Comment