Wednesday 20 July 2011

An Insight from a Nerdy Gamer Girl

I took it upon myself to interview the founder of the new up and coming blog 8-Bit Girl, Kayleigh Powis.


She is an active gamer and tries her hand at any style of gaming.  I want to know what she thinks of ipod apps and if she does like them, what style of game does she like most?


I leant her my iPod with close to 50 games on it for a good few days and now I will interview her about it.


Hello Kayleigh!  So my first question to you is:  Do you like what you have seen?
Yes! I was reluctant to try iPod games before, because I didn't want myself yearning for yet another gadget. However, when I played your one, I found myself being really impressed with the Apps and games on offer.


Has playing my iPod inspired you to get one simply for the games?
Definitely. I was thinking of getting a new iPod as I filled up my old one (an iPod classic) with music. However, I've decided just to get an iPod Touch now, just to fill up with games. It gives me another angle on my blog, 8-BIT Girl, if I am reviewing iPod apps as well as the usual Wii and Xbox 360 reviews.


What is your favourite game on my ipod and why?
I love the zombie game Infect Them All. I don't know why, but I've always liked zombies in games. I've not experienced an iPod game where the characters are manoeuvred around the screen by tilting the iPod, and this is simply how Infect Them All works. It is highly addictive and great, light-hearted fun.


I also like Robot Unicorn Attack, although I am pretty useless at that! It is impossible to play that game without gaining a smile on your face.




What is your favourite genre of games in general?
I've always loved a good RPG. I really immerse myself in the story, and love the side-quests, the levelling up system, and the music is mainly pretty memorable too. Take Lost Odyssey, Dragon Warrior Monsters and Zelda as my favourite examples!


I also like a fun racing or fighting game on occasions. Mario Kart and Smash Bros., I salute you.


What is your favourite game of all time?
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening.
It's the game that got me into games for the first time, and it holds a lot of great memories. It's also the game that got me loving the Zelda series in general, so I owe a lot to this!


If you haven't played it before, I really recommend it!


And finally what can we expect to see on your blog next?
I'm really trying to get more interviews sorted at the moment as I've found out that this is the most popular aspect of my blog. I'm also lining up some classic reviews (Nintendo fans should enjoy this in particular), but it won't only be Nintendo-I'm trying to write up some articles about old Playstation games I enjoyed playing as a kid.


Other than that, I'm not entirely sure at the moment. I had some ideas to do some posts about my gaming adventures (eg. at the MCM Expo), but these will be a while as I have to wait for something to come up!


Check out 8-Bit Girl at http://8-bitgirl.blogspot.com/  and on twitter

No comments:

Post a Comment